How I came into a relationship with Jesus Christ
I was saved at a young age and was lead to the Lord by my mom. I’m blessed to be the son of Ed and Annita Hoagland who have been missionaries in Mexico City, Mexico for over 30 years now. Being a pastor’s kid I had heard the gospel many times, though I knew it in my mind I didn’t believe it in my heart. But after a conversation with my mom I realized my need to turn from my sin and embrace Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
How I came to Harvest
As I was finishing my senior year at Liberty University, Rory Noland connected with the head of LU’s Worship Program and was given my name among a few people graduating. He reached out to me when I was on Spring Break and was a couple of months away from getting married. I visited Harvest soon after and knew that Christina and I may need to move here to attend Harvest even if I didn’t get the job I was hoping to get. But thankfully I was offered the job at Harvest a month later with the Worship Department initially as the Director of Instrumental Worship.
Why I do what I do at Harvest
To be a part of the great commission. We’re making disciples at Harvest and I’m blessed to contribute to that through my ministry.
- At Harvest: since May 2010
- Previous work:
- Worship Leader at Gospel Baptist Church in Greensboro, NC
- Worship Leader at Igelsia Bautista de Capital in Mexico City, MX
- M.F.A. Music Composition for the Screen – Columbia College of Chicago
- B.S. Music and Worship Studies – Liberty University
- Favorite verse: Luke 10:42
- Married to: Christina since May 2010
- Children: Daniela (2013) and Rafael (2014)