Jesus says that His followers are to be known by love, yet many people have a less-than-flattering view of us. Many Chicagoans know us by what they think we’re against, not by what we’re for. With For Chicago we are aiming to change that narrative by asking questions like:
- “What does it mean to be a good neighbor?”
- “Where can we visibly serve our community together?”
- “How can I get more comfortable in sharing my faith and witnessing to others?”
While we have done several of our own events (Millennium Park Nights in August and September where we went out and talked with people about Jesus, painting day with our neighbors at Ogden, etc.), we see For Chicago as ultimately being a mindset shift that:
- spans existing programs (Thanksgiving Outreach, etc.)
- results in increased neighborly action and sharing the love of Christ externally – at the small group, family, and individual levels
We are excited to see what else God is going to do as we move this movement forward!
For more information contact Vivian.