FOOD DRIVES, FOOD PANTRY, SEASONAL MINISTRIES, MENTORING
Various serving opportunities in Community Outreach serving our Elgin community neighbors with love. Opportunities include:
FOOD PANTRY DRIVES Held twice a year; once in the spring and once in the fall.
• Approximately 60 – 90 minutes during the weekend services
• Help sort food to be repacked into boxes for the food pantry
• Pick up food items from parking lot and deck
MENTORING On-line training will be provided. Report to a Harvest director for the school.
• One hour per week in an Elgin public school, during the school day
• Must be member or regular attender of Harvest
• Mentor public school student one hour per week during the school day
• Several hours per event. Summer Blast – July; Back Pack Drive – August; Thanksgiving Meal Deliveries – November; Christmas Store – December
• Help with setup and/or breakdown, food service, coordinate activities, mingle and pray with attendees
PRISON MINISTRY Team lead will contact you regarding requirements for participation and will coordinate all schedules.
For men and women:
• Entry level small group visitation to the Elgin chapter of Wayside Cross Ministries in conjunction with New Life Corrections. (This is still in the development stages but we are taking names of people interested in this.)
• Literature distribution on a Saturday morning in Joliet/Stateville Prison. A stringent vetting process is required for this.
For men only:
• 2-day mission trips to various Illinois state prisons. A stringent vetting process is required for this.
For more information or to join a compassion ministry team, please contact Rebekah Callahan.