HIGH FIVE BASICS
Everything you want to know about being a camper: 2019 Camper Newsletter
Everything you want to know about being a volunteer: 2019 Volunteer Newsletter
Two Most Important Things About Registration
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, you ARE NOT registered. Please ask for help.
- Do not delete your confirmation email. It has important dates and information.
- Volunteer Childcare: for children younger than three years old as of September 1, 2018, whose parents/grandparents/guardians/nannies are serving in High Five.
- Early Flight: Three years old between September 1, 2018-March 1, 2019.
- Fly! (Preschool): Three years old August 21, 2018- Entering Kindergarten Fall 2019.
- Grade School Campers: Children entering Grades 1-5 Fall 2019.
- Special Needs: Anyone who is regarded by parents/guardians as special needs and is approved. (Our desire is to provide great ministry to every single person and will go to great extents to do so.)
- Student Volunteers: Students entering Grades 6-10 Fall 2019, no volunteer discount and $50 fee.
- Other Student Volunteers: Students entering Grades 11-12 Fall of 2019, not yet 18, may apply volunteer discount to siblings and no fee.
- Volunteers: Anyone 18 years and older.
Schedule (Typical High Five Day)
- Early Flight half day: 9:00 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- Preschool half-day: 9:00 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
- Preschool full-day: 9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Grade school full-day: 9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Extended Care: 7:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. 3:45 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Full-day campers: $130 + additional amount per elective
- Early Flight (3-year-olds/potty trained): $40 (no discount)
- Preschool (Fly!) half-day campers: $95
- Preschool (Fly!) full-day campers: $130 + additional amount per elective
- Each Elective has an additional charge.
- A per child deposit, plus any additional elective fees and extra purchases is required to hold your child’s choice. You will be billed the balance on June 1.
- Volunteer discount: $40 off for half-day preschool campers and $80 off for full-day preschool campers and grade school campers. If you volunteer at High Five you will receive this discount.
All dates are listed in your confirmation email.
Steps to Register
- Choose two electives: one for the morning (a.m.) + one for the afternoon (p.m.)
- In order to receive a Volunteer Discount, you need to register yourself to serve first. You’ll receive a discount code in your email to use when registering your camper.
- If you have a friend/sibling request, you must register your child for the same elective at the same time as their friend’s registration (a.m. and p.m.).
- FLY! Preschool campers must be three years old by August 31, 2018, through children entering Kindergarten in Fall 2019 and potty-trained. A child is considered potty-trained when they can use the restroom independently and can re-dress without assistance.
- Grade school campers must be entering first through fifth grade, and register by the grade they are entering in Fall 2019.
- Volunteer Childcare is a free all day, everyday program open to children younger than three years old whose parents are volunteering for High Five.
- Everyone Grade 6 through 99 years old is a volunteer. There is a charge for students Grade 6 through Grade 10 that covers their lunch, snacks, and t-shirts.
- If you serve at High Five, you receive a discount for your children or grandchildren. Discounts are $40/off for half-day preschool campers and $80/off for grade school campers or full-day preschool campers.
- You need to register yourself to serve first. Then you’ll receive a discount code in your email to use when registering your camper.
- Student workers (entering 6– 10 grade) are not eligible to receive the discount for other children in your family.
- You may request a change to your child’s registration by May 19 without charge. After May 19, there is a $25 charge.
- You may cancel your registration for a full refund by May 19 at midnight. After May 19, we will refund your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- At High Five, our desire is to make every camper’s experience the best that it can be. If your child would benefit from additional classroom support, please provide details when you register.
- After you register, you will be contacted by Harvest Kids Staff to know how we can best meet your child’s needs.
- Full-day campers may bring their own lunch packed in a clear zip-top bag with first and last name clearly marked. Please mark your child’s lunch with “NUTS” if you packed food containing nuts.
- Buffet lunch may be purchased for $25 for the week.
- Water is served all the time. No milk, pop or juice is offered at camp.
- Allergy information should be noted at registration and check-in if your child needs to eat in an allergy protected area.
- For preschool-aged children, your child can ONLY stay for lunch IF they are staying for a p.m. elective. If your preschool child is staying a full day, they are also eligible to purchase a lunch plate for $25 for the week.
Get the details here.
Elgin Boys and Girls Club
Find out how you can help.