Dear Harvest Family,
We thank you for your prayers during this season. We have seen God continue to minister to the people of our church every week. Psalm 121 says, “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” We are all looking to God to be our help. He is the One we sing to every weekend we gather to worship. His Word is the authority we remain under. On the days you feel the weight of the valley on your shoulders, we encourage you to lift your eyes to the hills. God will be your help.
We want to share with you the progress that has been made in the process of selecting the new Elder board. Our desire is to have a new team of qualified men in place, while at the same time, doing so at a pace that is wise and allows the new elders to be ready to lead. The process of selecting our new elder board can be divided into seven parts that have been thoroughly thought through and we believe will yield a God-honoring result. At the end of this process, we will have a nine-member elder board. Additionally, every campus has and will be represented through the selection process and in the composition of the new elder board. The current interim elder board has released all decision-making authority to the following process:
- Nomination: Thirty-four men were nominated by our Campus Pastors from a list of names submitted by our staff and congregation. Then a former elder from each campus went to their campus’ nominees to answer any initial questions and to deliver the application to the nominees.
- Acceptance of Nomination: Of the thirty-four men nominated, seventeen decided to candidate and complete the application.
- Selection for Interviews: The Selection Committee formed of Pastors, campus representatives (congregants selected by the Campus Pastor), and the former elders met on Tuesday, April 2 to select thirteen of the seventeen nominees to proceed to the interview process. You can see the names of the members of the Selection Committee here.
- Interviews: The thirteen nominees and their wives will be interviewed by the Selection Committee in the next two weeks.
- Final Selection: After interviews are complete, the Selection Committee will select the final nine men to be the new elder board.
- Two Weeks of Consideration: The names of the nine men selected for the new elder board will be made public at this point and allow two weeks for our church to join in prayer and express any concerns to the Selection Committee.
- New Board Established: Once the two weeks of consideration are over, the current interim elder board will meet with the new elder board to establish them as the elders of Harvest Bible Chapel.
As of today, we are currently in the interview phase (step 4) of the process. Please join us in praying for God to continue to guide everyone involved.
Separately, we have re-organized the “Church Updates” page on our website in order to make it easier to find the latest communication. The Church Leadership Team is now overseeing the FAQ webpage and there are new questions added today for you to read here.
New updates include:
– What has been the process to select new elders, who is involved in the process, and what progress has been made?
– What is the status of the Freedom House?
– What is the current status of the Harvest 2020 Team and the Interim Church Leadership Team?
– Are there going to be any changes to Harvest Christian Academy?
– Who can we send questions to going forward?
Good Friday and Easter are just around the corner, and we are so excited to see what the Lord is going to do that weekend. We are seeking and asking the Lord to use and bless our efforts in these services. Above everything else, we want to bring Him glory.