We all at various times have needed or will need counsel.
Struggling with an area of sin? Someone else’s sin affecting you? Experiencing the consequences of foolish choices? Going through a life-altering trial? Or just need help and hope?
It’s our desire in Biblical Soul Care to come alongside you during this time. We hope to lovingly care for you and help carry your burdens (Galatians 6:1-2; James 1:2-5) but, more importantly, point you to and remind you of the ultimate hope, Jesus Christ.
If for some reason you do not want to call the church or you have trouble connecting with us and are in an emergency situation and need help, please call 911 immediately.
If you are not attending Harvest Bible Chapel but need help finding a biblical counselor in your area, please visit the website of the Biblical Counseling Coalition to find a counselor in your area.
Some Issues We Counsel:
- Marriage conflict/issues
- Much more…
Who is eligible to receive counseling?
- Any individual or couple who are already regular attenders or members of Harvest Bible Chapel and are also faithfully attending a small group
- Any individual or couple who commits to attending Harvest regularly and join a small group by the 3rd session
What can you expect from us?
- We are not licensed counselors, therapists, psychiatrists or psychologists
- We are trained, biblical counselors
- Our counsel is based solely on God’s Word, which is sufficient to handle any issue of life
What do we expect from you to be in counseling?
- Be in or join a small group
- Attend weekend services weekly
- Have an advocate (for more information on advocacy here)
- Complete weekly homework
- Serve here at Harvest weekly or begin serving here at Harvest
How Do I Get Help (for those already in a small group)?
- Share your concerns, problems, pain, etc. with your Small Group leader(s).
Your leader(s) may be able to give you the counsel you need to see healing, change, and victory.
- If your small group leader feels they need help in caring for you, with your permission, they should consult with their flock leader.
- If still more help is needed, your flock leader will refer you to formal Biblical Soul Care counseling. At that time, a BSC staff or volunteer will give you forms to be completed as your next steps.
Anyone who currently attends one of our seven Harvest Bible Chapel campuses in the Chicago area but is not in a small group yet, can connect with us by calling 847-398-7024 xt 3100 or by emailing us at [email protected].
We understand that it may be difficult for you to take the first step. However, we believe that this first step can be a step toward healing, reconciliation, and peace. So take courage and make the step…
For additional information, check out our FAQ page.
Back to BSC main page